Friday, May 2, 2014

Shine Bright Like A Diamond...



Last night was amazing!!  I got to dress up (what girl doesn’t like doing that) and walk around the corner to an elegant party with Champagne AND my husband!  YES, it was date night!!  And pretty much the first one since we have been in Denver!!!  I felt beautiful…my hair was done, I had a sexy black dress on, my make up was much heavier than usual, and I had a handsome Chef on my arm!  And we were contributing to my favorite cause, BREAST CANCER!  I have a special place in my heart for anything that donates proceeds to Susan G Komen or Breast Cancer patients, survivors, etc…My Mother and Grandmother are both survivors as well as several friends.  We have done ten Races for the Cure.  We met survivors, grabbed some silent auction items and donated a little more than we should have, but it is WORTH IT!!

BUT, I think I shined even brighter knowing that I had been “promoted” earlier yesterday!!  I use quotations because I work from home as an Independent Contractor.  I am now officially a Diamond Beachbody coach!!!  When I skeptically signed up less than six months ago, I had no idea what I was in for; I just knew I needed a change.  Everyone that knows me, knows that I am a health nut.  But, it had been a rough year for me.  Unmotivated to work out, and addicted to baking, and tasting of course, I watched the scale slowly climb and my clothes fit tighter and tighter.  The larger I got, the more I covered up and the more depressed about it I became.  I didn’t really let it show, the weight or the depression.  I worked a ton and my uniform was very forgiving, and at home I lived in yoga pants and sweatshirts, I still do.  After I quit my job last August to stay home with my girls full time, it got worse!  I wasn’t running around at night and I wasn’t fitting an early workout in order to get to work on time.  It was terrible!  I was online one night and saw a friend post on Facebook that she was coaching a fitness group online for people that needed that extra support.  I knew this was perfect for me!!  I called her to find out the details…it cost money…not for the group, but for the workout program and the meal replacement.  We had just gone down to one income and I couldn’t see how it was going to work, so I said I would ask my husband.  He knew how I had been feeling and for how long I had been feeling that way.  He said go for it!  If we have to, we will put it on a credit card!  Your health, well being and happiness set the tone for this entire house and we need you at your best!  He is always so supportive!  SO I was in!  I signed up as a discount coach, so it was cheaper.  Slowly, over the next 60 days as I pushed myself along with the rest of the group, I realized that there is strength in numbers.  Supporting others while they support you is truly powerful.  I also found that the meal replacement, Shakeology, replaced my supplements from my Dr and gave me sustained energy to last the entire day!  I can’t go a day without it anymore!  I lost 10 lbs and 17 inches in 2 months.  I decided that I needed to pay it forward and began coaching my own groups.  The continued support goes both ways and has helped me stay on track 90% of the time, we all need a break once in awhile!!  But watching others change their lives, get healthier and tell me thank you over and over has continued to change me into a more positive and motivated person, a better Mom, and Wife. 

My goals and dreams have changed.  I used to want to be a Mother and Wife.  Then when I got that, I wanted to stay home.  But then this fell into my lap and I found that I can stay home with my girls, be a better wife, AND help others with something that I am so passionate about!!!  This week I had someone tell me, “I lost 12 lbs since we started our group 3 weeks ago.  I feel amazing and energetic!”  Another said, “I’ve lost 10 lbs since February, it is because of you…thank you!”  Someone else told me that they woke up early to work out because of me.  Another poor their heart and soul out to me almost begging for help because they need it.  I am honored and empowered by these women and feel like I found my true calling.  Being “promoted” just validates that this is what I was meant to do.  All of the countless hours of research on fitness, nutrition and wellness have finally found an outlet, and I am so grateful!!   

No comments: