Saturday, January 18, 2014

Paleo Zucchini Brownies - Grain Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free

Here is a sweet treat that won't ruin your good week!!  I made these on New Year's Eve with the girls and they were a hit!  Even Chef approved.  A few people have asked me for the recipe this week, so I thought I would share!

Ingredients
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 T Gluten free vanilla extract
  • ¾ c coconut sugar, succanat, or organic evaporated cane juice
  • ¼ c unsweetened applesauce
  • 1 c gluten free flour blend (for grain free I used 3/4 c blanched almond flour +1/4 c arrowroot powder)
  • ½ c organic cocoa powder
  • 1½ t baking soda
  • ¼ t celtic or sea salt
  • 2 c grated zucchini (I don't peel mine...more nutrients and NO difference in taste)
  • 1 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips 

Directions

  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8"x8" pan with parchment paper or grease with coconut oil.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, vanilla, sugar, and apple sauce and let this sit for 5 minutes if using coconut sugar to let it dissolve.
  3. In a separate medium bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
  4. Add the dry mix to the wet, stirring gently to combine. Be sure not to over mix!
  5. Fold in the zucchini and 1 cup chocolate chips.
  6. Pour the batter into the pan and even the surface with a spatula.
  7. Bake for 30 - 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle doesn't come out gooey. It might still be sticky - just no raw batter.
  8. Store in an airtight container for up to one week in the refrigerator.
These did not last long in my house, so my warning is that you have lots of people to help you finish them before you eat them all yourself, ahem, myself...Enjoy!!!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just made these!! Waiting to cool... very excited! Thanks for the recipe.